Here’s how you play Bocce:
- You play bocce with eight large balls and one smaller ball, which is called the pallino. The large balls come in different colors, to help make up teams. You can divide your group into two groups of 4, 2 or play 1 on 1. Just divide the balls up according to how many players you have.
- Then, choose a player to throw the pallino. After the pallino is thrown, the same player throws her first bocce ball. The object of the game is to get the bocce ball as close as possible to the pallino.
- After the first player has thrown her first bocce ball, take turns throwing a bocce ball by teams, until a team’s bocce ball is closer to the pallino than the other team.
- Once a player or team is closest to the pallino, the other player or team throws bocce balls until her ball is closer or she runs out of balls. Then the team with any remaining balls tries to get those all closer to the pallino than any of her opponent’s balls.
- Tally 1 point for every ball that is closer to the pallino than the closest competitor’s ball.
- Play continues to 13 points.
FUN! You can play bocce in the grass, on the beach or even on a bocce court. So go play bocce a try and tell us all about how much you love this Italian game!
Do you have a fun, beach game?
Take iTwixie’s Beach Game Challenge! Tell your iTwixie BFFs about what games you play on the beach in the comments below and win a Beach Challenge Award! It’s so easy and fun to add to your achievements list!
(Photo Credit: ryarwood)