You will need:
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry gelatin powder or 1 (6 ounce) package grape flavor gelatin
- 3 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 100 flexible plastic straws
- 1 tall slender 4 cup container (same height as extended straws)
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 12 -15 drops green food coloring
You will grab a parent and:
- In a bowl, combine gelatins.
- Add boiling water; stir until gelatins completely dissolve. Chill until lukewarm, about 20 minutes.
- While the gelatins cool, gently pull straws to extend to full length; place in tall container.
- Blend cream and food coloring with the lukewarm gelatin mixture. Pour into container, filling straws.
- Chill until gelatin is firm, at least 8 hours, or cover and chill up to 2 days.
- Pull straws from container (if using a carton, tear carton away from straws). Pull straws apart; run hot tap water for about 2 seconds over 3 to 4 straws at a time. Starting at the empty ends, push worms from straws with rolling pin, or use your fingers; lay worms on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Cover and chill until ready to use, at least 1 hour or up to 2 days.
- Worms will hold at room temperature up to 2 hours.
(Special thanks to Food.com for photo, recipe and directions!)