To make these tostadas you will need:
- 1 can vegetarian refried beans
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 8-inch corn tortillas or tostadas
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 cups spring mix lettuce
And then do this:
- Warm the tortillas/tostadas in the oven on low heat.
- Heat the refried beans in a pan.
- Put the peppers, tomatoes, avocado pieces, and the lettuce in separate bowls, so people can help themselves.
- Put the beans out with a spreader.
- Put the tostadas on a warm platter.
Do you know what we celebrate on Cinco de Mayo? Tell us what you think in the comments below!
(Photo Credit: oztenphoto)