Once you have the ingredients, this is a super fast and easy recipe to make with your BFF (or for your BFF
You will need:
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1/4 cup agave nectar (or honey)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/8 cup (or 6 Tablespoons) peanut butter
- about 20 jelly beans – enough to fill your nests!
You will grab an adult to be sure you are safe AND:
- Break chow mein noodles into small pieces; set aside in large mixing bowl.
- Combine sugar and agave nectar (or honey) in large saucepan. Cook this mix on medium heat until the sugar is melted and there are bubbles at the edge of the pan.
- Add peanut butter and stir until smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over crunched up noodles; toss until completely coated.
- Let cool slightly to avoid burns.
- Butter hands lightly and use approximately 1/4 cup mixture to form a compact ball. (You can make your “nest” in cupcake tins to make forming them easier.) Make a dent in the middle of each ball to resemble a bird’s nest.
- Let cool completely on wax paper or in the cupcake tin.
- Place 2-3 jelly beans inside each nest.
Now your creations are ready to share with family and friends! How easy and cool are these?
(Special thanks to Food.com for this great photo and idea!)