Just complete 3 of these 5 challenges to prove that YOU are a CERTIFIABLE GREEN TWEEN! Here they are:
1) Plant a tree or a flower or a bush. Send in a picture of what you plant. We cannot wait to see your green thumb at work!
2) Repurpose an item instead of throwing it away. You know, like turning a t-shirt into a purse. Or taking a box and turning it into a locker organizer. Send in a picture and show us what YOU made.
3) Convince 2 friends to do something GREEN and tell us about it. Will they start recycling cereal boxes? Taking shorter showers? Turning off lights when they leave the room?
4) Start a CERTIFIABLY GREEN CLUB at school or in your community or Girl Scouts Troop. How many girls can you sign-up? Tell us all about it.
5) Organize a car pool. Tell us how much gas you’re saving by taking turns driving instead of every family driving one kid at a time. You’ll be amazed!
Do you have a project you want to do? Tell us all about it. That could count, too!
Once you complete 3 challenges, tell us all about them. And shazam! You will earn this a CERTIFIABLE GREEN TWEEN Achievement badge:
(Photo Credit: Taymaz Valley)