Today is Day 9 of 11 Days of Action! Get ready to dream big today with Pink Lemonade Stand! Come up with an idea, a cause, a dream or a motto and share it with the world, using #Girlpreneur #IDG2014 #11DaysofAction
Pink Lemonade Stand teaches girls ages 8 through 17 how to:
• to build a legacy
• launch ideas from the heart
• make passion their master
• and allow possibility to feed their soul
Our challenge and action for you today is to use #Girlpreneur to inspire the world with your idea, business, dream or motto! Be sure to use #Girlpreneur #11DaysofAction and #IDG2014 to keep the conversation going.
Get ready to inspire the world, girls!
DAY 8: Code. Inspire. Make the world a better place.
It’s Day 8 of 11 Days of Action! So get ready to take action with Girl Scouts.
We live in a digital age in which many of the problems our society faces can be addressed and even fixed with code. And you can be part of the solutions!
You don’t need to be a trained programmer or mathematician to make things with code.
In fact, there are tons of fun and creative activities you can try right now to take your first coding step:
check that Inspire: Share your avatar on social media using #IDG2014 along with your vision for a better world for girls.
http://www.jcasoft.com/pidarmon/5607 Make the World a Better Place: Made With Code is about so much more than just fun and games. The coding skills you learn today can be the beginning of YOUR journey to doing something big to make a difference in the world or solve a problem you care deeply about.
Code can help you make:
- Secure databases to record human rights abuses.
- Online petition software that can instantly collect signatures about urgent causes.
- Location devices to keep relief workers and separated families connected during disasters.
- Microfinance websites that help fight poverty by providing loans to low-income people in developing countries.
You see? Coding for a better world all begins with YOU! Start the fun now. And don’t forget to share your vision for a better world for girls on social media using #IDG2014.
why not try these out #itsaGirlThing
The 7th Day of the 11 Days of Action in support of the International Day of the Girl comes to us from Plan International’s Because I am a Girl campaign. Plan has put together a great video focusing on girlhood – the joy and the challenges. It has been made with global Youtube trenders who want to spread the word far and wide, gaining support for girl’s issues around the world in the run-up to October 11th.
Now share it. Be sure to use #itsaGirlThing
Take a picture of yourself and post it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any of your favorite social media channels, with #itsaGirlThing, like this:
Website link: http://plan-international.org/itsaGirlThing
check these guys out Why do we need to elect more women?
- It’s fair! Women are 51% the U.S. population, but less than 25% of all elected officials.
- It’s smart! When we choose leaders, we should pick from the widest pool of possibilities so we make sure to get the best people.
- Women change things up! They bring different backgrounds, different ideas about policies, and different approaches to how to make government work.
If it’s such a great idea, why are there so few elected women leaders?
Lots of reasons – but the biggest one is: Not enough women run for office!
Why don’t women run?
Again, lots of reasons – but here’s a big one: Nobody asked!
One girl who learned about how few women ran for office decided to take action. She wrote a letter to one of her teachers and asked her to run, telling her why she’d be great. Guess what? The teacher thought about it, realized it made sense, ran for her local council – and won!
you could try these out So here are TWO actions to take for Day 6 of 11 Days of Action!
- Think about the future you. If you could make a big difference by running for office, what would you like to do? What in your neighborhood, your country or the world would you change? What problem could you help to solve? Make a sign to tell us what you’ll run for and what you hope to do:“If I were President, I would___________” or “When I’m the Mayor, I will ______” or “In the Senate, I’ll make sure _____________.” Share it online with the hashtag #girlslead!
- Do you know a woman who’s ready to be a great leader today? Invite her to run! You can write a letter, make a sign, record a video – just reach out to her. Tell her why she should run, why you think she’d do a great job. And make sure to tell her how you’ll help – maybe hold a car wash to raise campaign funds or hand out campaign literature. Ask others to chime in too, so she’ll know that lots of people want her to run. Then tell us about who you asked and why. Maybe you’ll inspire others to ask women they know. This could be the start of something big!Learn more about Teach a Girl to Lead™ by visiting teachagirltolead.org!
Follow us on:
You can also learn more about women and politics at the Center for American Women and Politics
CALLING ALL TEENS!
PARENTS OF TEENS!
TAKE THE TAKE3 Pledge NOW!
HPV vaccination = cancer prevention.
Plain and simple.
So for Day 5 of the 11 Days of Action, we are calling all teens and all parents of teens to take theTAKE3 Pledge! It’s easy! Just follow these steps:
1. Sign the TAKE3 Pledge
2. Post a picture of yourself holding a sign that says #TAKE3, to show you took the TAKE3 Pledge
3. Post your picture on your fave social media using the TAKE3 hashtags: #Itookthepledge #TAKE3 #everykid #IDG2014
4. Invite your friends to also takeTAKE3 Pledge
5. THEN GET VACCINATED!
Thank you, Women and Girls Foundation. for this incredibly important
Day 5 of the 11 Days of Action!
At the Girls Coalition, we think it is crucial to align health and wellness efforts with ending the cycle of violence against women and girls. Don’t you agree?
Then take action with us today. Choose a fact or statement below or make up one of your own, to help spread the word, using #11DaysofAction #GirlsSWPARocks
Together, we can change the world!
free dating sites saint john nb LET’S EDUCATE OURSELVES: Here’s How
We can educate ourselves and our communities right now. Check out these issues, listed below, and share a fact with your Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or real life communities! Bring these topics up with your friends, family members, and colleagues. Send an email. Share a cup of coffee and chat with a friend. Whatever you do, take action!
http://www.ekichronicles.com/?pityr=dating-your-remington-shotgun&bad=43 TEEN DATING VIOLENCE: The Facts
•1 in 3 US girls experiences violence from an intimate partner. Girls deserve to feel safe & respected #11DaysofAction #GirlsSWPARocks
• Young women between 16 and 24 experience the highest rate of intimate partner violence. Men and boys need to learn to respect women and girls #11DaysofAction #GirlsSWPARocks
visit our website SEXUAL HEALTH AND WELLBEING: The Facts:
• There are 19.7 million new STIs every year in the U.S. Let’s teach teens how to be safe #11DaysofAction #GirlsSWPARocks
• In 2008, there were an estimated 110 million prevalent STIs among women and men in the U.S.. Of these, more than 20% (22.1 million) were among women and men aged 15 to 24 years. Teens need the facts so they can make better choices #11DaysofAction #GirlsSWPARocks
• About half of all new STDs/STIs in 2000 occurred among youth ages 15 to 24. Start a conversation with a teen today about how to stay healthy #11DaysofAction #GirlsSWPARocks
• While the rates of teen pregnancy have declined significantly over the past 20 years, U.S. teen birth rate is higher than that of many other developed countries, including Canada and the United Kingdom. Let’s chat about how to protect from unwanted pregnancy #11DaysofAction #GirlsSWPARocks
rencontre nationale des directeurs de l'innovation HPV VACCINATION: The Facts
• The HPV vaccine protects against the four most common high-risk types of HPV. One type which causes 70% of cervical pre-cancer and cancer cases. We can protect ourselves from HPV #11DaysofAction #GirlsSWPARocks
• Young women and young men alike can protect themselves from HPV and from contracting a multitude of types of cancers by simply receiving the HPV vaccine. Learn about how HPV can be prevented #11DaysofAction #GirlsSWPARocks
• Approximately 79 million Americans are currently infected with HPV. About 14 million people become newly infected each year. Let’s talk about protecting our teens from a cancer-causing virus #11DaysofAction #GirlsSWPARocks
• About 10,300 women in the U.S. get cervical cancer each year. Let’s act to help prevent cervical cancer in our teens #11DaysofAction #GirlsSWPARocks
• American Sexual Health Association
• Planned Parenthood
• Persad Center
• Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC – Adolescent Medicine
• Adagio Health
• Jewish Healthcare Foundation
• Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• American Cancer Society
• National Cancer Institute
• Center for Victims – Expect Respect and Coaching Boys Into Men
• Women’s Center and Shelter of Greater Pittsburgh
• Love is Respect
• Break the Cycle
http://www.ashasexualhealth.org/stdsstis/statistics/ and US Department of Health and Human Services
What makes you powerful?
What do you think girls will be in the future?
Girls at Bella Abzug Leadership Institute and the Alice Paul Institute have inspirational messages for girls around the world! Let them inspire you to take action and add your voices to theirs!
Today’s Day of Action is all about these two important questions! Just use #whatmakesmepowerful and #girlsofthefuture and finish these sentences:
#Girlsofthefuture will be___________.
_________ is what #makesmepowerful.
Let’s fill Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with images, videos and messages about what makes us powerful! The world is listening! Let’s raise our voices!
First Day of Action: Girls everywhere: READY, SET, ENGAGE!
At the Coalition for Adolescent Girls, we want to help girls participate in all of the building blocks that make up the world around them. Whether it’s in your school, the state government, an international organization, or International Day of the Girl, we want you to be involved, active, and heard.
“I’m a girl and I can…” OR “I’m a girl and I will…”
Just make sure to use the hashtag#GirlsEngage or mention @CAG_org so we can find your message.
Maybe you can be president. Maybe you can win the science fair. Or maybe you can use your voice to let the world know that girls are powerful, smart, and capable of sparking meaningful, long-lasting change. What can YOU do?
Get involved, get loud, and celebrate the unique power of girls!
This could be the start of something BIG!