Have you heard of #GivingTuesday?
This is the second anniversary of this special day! It’s on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving and i’s meant to encourage people to volunteer and donate to charities and non-profits.
AND it makes a REAL difference: In 2012, people donated more than click here annonce rencontre gratuite en belgique http://www.cumcweaverville.org/malyk/5925 site de rencontre gratuit 59000 http://dmsgarageservices.com/milyoki/mastervydy/962 rencontre joueur om ligar en pontevedra gratis site rencontre 60 ans music de rencontre avec joe black site rencontre algerien serieux $10 million dollars on #GivingTuesday — more than 50 percent more than they had on the Tuesday after Thanksgiving in 2011!
But it’s not just about CASH. Here are 10 ways you can participate in the spirit of giving:
- Give five compliments to five different friends. Try to praise them for something besides their looks!
- Share a flower or a fresh fruit from your garden with a friend — or teacher!
- Pick up 10 pieces of trash that you see at school or at the park. Get your friends to do it with you!
- Talk to your teacher about organizing a bake sale to raise money for families in need
- Clean out the pantry and bring canned goods to a local food bank
- Donate books you’ve read — and loved! — to your local library
- Give a jacket you’ve outgrown to One Warm Coat or another charity
- Make a card for an child in the hospital to make the holiday happier
- Offer to do the dishes tonight — or the laundry
- Read to your brother or sister at bedtime
How will you give to others this holiday season? Use the comments below to share your great D.I.Y. ideas for spreading kindness!
(Photo Credit: Sweet on Veg)