Here it is, the gift most voted for: Chalkboard and Decoupage Pots
You will need:
- Terra cotta pots
- Masking tape
- Chalkboard paint
- Artwork and or photos
- Decoupage glue
- Paint brush
1) Cover the base of each pot with masking tape, so just the rim of the pot is exposed.
2) Paint the rim of each pot with chalkboard paint (you may need adult help for this!) and let dry. Then, remove the masking tape.
3) Cut artwork and photos to fit on the sides of the pots. Hold your pics up to the pot to see how they will look and trim them so they look great!
4) In small sections, take the brush and apply one layer of the decoupage glue, put the precut pic on where you want it and then cover the pic and whole area with the decoupage glue. Continue doing this until all the pics are on your pots the way you want them. Let dry. You may want to add another layer of decoupage glue.
5) When everything is totally dry, put the seed packet of your choice in each pot and write an uber cool note with chalk on the rim!
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!
(special thanks to spoonful.com for this craft idea and photo)