The design of this box is “rustic” so that it will fit the look of camp or summer outdoor memories.
You Will Need:
- Wooden box with lid
- Wooden alphabet tiles (can be found in local craft supply or old games!)
- Acrylic paint: sunflower (dark yellow), brown and white
- Wide paintbrush
- Acrylic sealer spray
- White craft glue
- Squeeze out three pools of paint, one of each color, about the size of half dollars.
- Drag the side of your paintbrush through one color, then keeping it on the plate, drag it through the other color.
- The idea here is to blend and streak the colors, but not completely mix them. By dragging them together you will leave a streaky look on your box that looks aged.
- Paint the box and the lid, all the while dragging your paintbrush through the paint colors, combining but not mixing.
- Once box is dry, have an adult spray it with two coats of acrylic sealer in a well ventilated area. Let dry.
Use white craft glue to attach alphabet tiles spelling out “MY CAMP STUFF” or “MY STUFF.” Let dry.
(Special Thanks to spoonful.com and Amanda Formaro for ideas, directions and photos!)