Just vote for the iTwixie Writer of the Month for BEST January! KEWL!
These paragraphs will be featured for a week so you can choose iTwixie’s January Writer of the Month! The winner will get a writer’s journal!
Just read the paragraphs below and vote for your fave! The winner will be announced next week on February 1.
1) “I could feel winter bite my nose. An odd warmth took over my toes. In the dark, the lights shined in rows… outside my hometown mall. Normally I love the mall this time if year, but I’m 11 now. It would NOT be mature to go jump onto the mall Santa’s lap and tell him what I want for Christmas. Then again, little kids get to do that. I guess he wouldn’t really mind….
2) “I could feel winter bite my nose. An odd warmth took over my toes. In the dark, the lights shined in rows…along the stadium. I was at the Super Bowl, rooting for no one in particular. I walked up and down the rows of seats. My dad loves to be early, so we came half an hour before it starts. Usually there are tailgaters here. The sounds of bustling people, shouts, and calls of “hot dogs, hot dogs! I got fresh hot dogs!” Now it was only the sound of the wind whistling through the stands. Then, everything went queit. I mean, everything. The wind stopped. The cold went away. I turn around. Right in the middle of the football field is a giant UFO. I only have one second to grab onto the railing before light blinds me and I’m pulled a way. ~ lifeliver166
3) “I could feel winter bite my nose. An odd warmth took over my toes. In the dark, the lights shined in rows, it was almost Spiritday (The Avatar version of Christmas) and Mako, Bo-Lin and Asami were coming to Air Bending Island to celebrate, I absolutely COULD NOT wait! The ship pulled up in the port and I practically FLEW down the path to meet them. ”KORRA!” I was hugged by all three of them, this was going to be the BEST Spiritday of all time! “Come on guys, it’s FREEZING out here, hot chocolate inside!” I say, leading them into the temple. Milo climbs up the couch to sit on my lap. “Tell me a story Avatar Korra!” ” YEAH! Tell us a story!” Iggy exclaims. I laugh good naturedly. ”Well, which one?” “The one where you and Mako fight Amon!” Genora says. “Okay, there we were, rea..” ~ AvatarKorra
4) “I could feel winter bite my nose. An odd warmth took over my toes. In the dark, the lights shined in rows…of a strange vehicle. My head ached with pain as the lights blinded me. “Help!” I screamed, but my voice was drowned out by an evil cackle. I screamed in pain as a dart hit me and I lost consciousness. I woke up in a white room all tied up. A man sat in front of me. The man said,”I need you to open the portal to a dimension. If you don’t, I’ll hurt your young friend here.” A man covered with white cloth dragged in a girl tied to a chair. She had short white blond hair, pale skin, and looked shocked that I was here. I felt I should know her, but my mind was blank. I tried to think of my name, but it slipped out of my grasp. My memory was gone! “What did you do to me,” I whispered, and if looks could kill that man would die right there and then. He looked surprised. He talked quietly to the man in white and then yelled, “You said the tranquilizer in the dart wouldn’ t have any adverse effects. That’s an adverse effect. I can’t properly threaten her friend’s safety if she doesn’t remember her friend. I can’t ask her to open the portal if she doesn’t remember how! I can’t do anything with her!” I looked at the girl and she … ~ FantasticFrenzy
5) “I could feel winter bite my nose. An odd warmth took over my toes. In the dark, the lights shined in rows… she stood there in confusion she did not know what was going on. She just woke up in a different world as a different person. “Were am I.” she said to herself. She stood there for a moment. Then she heard a noise in the bushes. It was getting closer, as it began to get closer it started to growl. ~ PEA
And here’s a big thank you to our friends at Compendium, for providing the coolest writing journals for our Writer of the Month!
Are these zany? CRAZY? Creative? And of course… fun! Just vote for your fave in the poll below!! <3