Way to go, @goldentettle! You are our winner for the Word of the Week Challenge! Thanks for your sentence using the word friendship! I think we all agree with you… we love friendship, too! Now, @goldentettle, just send your parent’s mailing address to “firstname.lastname@example.org” and you’ll get a surprise within the next 30 days!
Ready for this week’s Word of the Week?
Here’s the new Word of the Week: overcome
How iTwixie’s Word of the Week Works:
Check with iTwixie every Wednesday morning to see who won last week’s challenge and get the new iTwixie Word of the Week. Then, take the Word of the Week Challenge! All you have to do is write a sentence in the comments section below, using the new Word of the Week. Try and write a sentence that shows what that word means to you. Get writing, girls!
Let’s ALL Make a Splash this June! How? Easy!
Want to read a lot of good books? JOIN ITWIXIE’S SUMMER BOOK CLUB
Have a hankering for something yummy? TUNE INTO THE ALL-KNEW COOKING CLUB!
Want to feel happy in the morning? WRITE A NOTE TO YOURSELF AND STICK IT ON YOUR MIRROR THAT SAYS… GO OUT AND MAKE A SPLASH!
Need a smile? SMILE FIRST! PEOPLE ALWAYS SMILE BACK!
Whatever it is, go for it and MAKE A SPLASH! And then tell us how, right here. You will inspire us to do what makes us feel splashy, too!
And get ready… we’re going to choose a BLOGGER OF THE MONTH for June! So who is a splashy blogger to you? Get ready to nominate her!
AND THERE’S MUCH MORE IN STORE, GIRLS! So get out there! Hang out with a new friend! And be sure to share your ideas, too! Here’s to Making a Splash this June, right here, on iTwixie!
Photo credit: steve.garner32
Your Girl Dignity is yours. It’s yours to keep, protect and celebrate. It’s made up of your idea of who you are and your potential for greatness. You have a unique purpose in this world and no one else can be you. You rock.
So here are ways to preserve your Girl Dignity:
1. Walk Tall – Hold your head high and keep working hard to get better at the things you do well. Nothing helps to unleash our girl power more than when we do what we do really well. So work hard and be proud of what you do!
2. Spend Your Time with Girl Dignity Peeps – When people try to put you down, stop spending time with them. If someone asks for a nude picture of you, say NO WAY and avoid them. When people use negative language about you or anyone else or gossip, walk away. Don’t let anyone chip away your Girl Dignity
3. Smile – That great feeling you get when you smile is full of Girl Dignity. So smile into the mirror and smile back. Smile at your Girl Dignity peeps and they’ll smile back at you.
Dignity is not about popularity, being the best or winning every competition. Dignity is the amazing feeling we each have within ourselves because we are working on the best we can be. So work hard, be proud and enjoy unleashing the power of your Girl Dignity!
Does this help you feel powerful and all about celebrating your Girl Dignity?
Photo credit: thinkingoutsidethecage
Get ready to Read Like a Girl with iTwixie!
Thanks for voting, girls! We are excited to announce your choice for our February book! We’ll read Dork Diaries:
Go get the book and start reading the first 10 pages of this hilarious book. Then check back next week, Tuesday, to chat about the book. We cannot wait to see what you think! Thanks, Barnes & Noble for supporting reading on iTwixie!
What was your favorite part of 2014? What do you wish to make even better in 2015? Think about it. This is how you can make sure to kick off 2015 with a Bang this year! Really! Just follow these 4, easy steps:
First, take a few minutes to think about all that happened in 2014: the good, the bad, the surprising and the ugly.
Now, think about how you can build in a little bit of extra flare, hope and joy in the New Year.
Here are some ideas:
- do you wish you had spent more time with your family doing fun things?
- did you remain curious about school or are you bored with it?
- are you hoping to make any clubs or teams in 2015?
- is there something you wish you had done better in 2014, like practicing your instrument or staying up to date on schoolwork?
Jot all of these ideas down. Then look at them and choose 3 that are most important to you.
That’s it! Now you are ready to make a list of 15 — in honor of 2015 — ways you can make those 3 things happen.
So let’s say your 3 things are:
1) Do better in school
2) Play my instrument better
3) Have more fun with a sibling
Then maybe your list of 15 things could look like this:
1) Do homework before relaxing every day after school
2) Make sure to ask 3 questions a week so I am not confused about the work I’m doing in school
3) Spend 15 more minutes looking over my study guides so I can do even better on my quizzes and tests
4) Practice 15 more minutes 3x/week playing my instrument
5) Find a piece of fun music to play on my own
6) Play for my parents or siblings 1x/week
7) Ask my sibling to make a craft with me 1x/week
8) Make lunch with my sibling on the weekends
9) Smile at my sibling every morning
10) Think about how I’m doing with these goals every Sunday
11) Post these goals on my mirror in my room so I see them every day
12) Consider sharing these goals with someone, like a parent, so that they can help me meet these goals
13) Give myself a reward every time I complete a goal, so I always feel good about how I’m really doing it!
14) Help siblings, family members or friends thing about their goals, too, so that we all support each other
15) Keep these goals safe all year long and think about them at the end of the year, 2015!
YOU CAN MAKE 2015 YOUR BEST YEAR EVER, GIRLS!
If you feel comfortable, share your list right here! You can inspire every girl in the iTwixie Nation!
Make a scroll of each of your goals. Open a new one every time you achieve a goal. So cute, right?
Get a friend, sibling or parent to try tennis with you over break. Here are a few tips for how to get started. All you need is a racquet, a court, a few tennis balls, and someone to hit with you on the other side of the net!
1. Hold the racquet handle and extend your arm out in front of you.
2. Turn the racquet vertically – so that when you look at it you see the metal rim, not the strings. Your grip on the handle should feel like you are shaking someone’s hand to meet them (but really you’re just shaking your racquet’s hand!).
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, with your knees slightly bent.
2. If you’re right-handed and you hold the racquet with your right hand, then face the left side of your body toward your opponent. If you’re a lefty, just reverse it!
Now, use your new basic techniques and try to hit, or volley. When we volley, we hit a ball back and forth with a buddy! Keep your racquet in one hand and ball in the other. Then, bounce the ball on the ground and use a quick push motion to hit the ball just over the net and to your friend. See how many times you can hit the ball back ‘n forth! This is a great way to develop better control of the ball.
In a few days, we will post more tennis techniques to try, like how to hit an overhead shot.
Photo credit: Girls Tennis Network Club
1. Write yourself a note and mention 5 things you like about YOU.
2. Make a list of 3 things you did that no one else might realize but are special things to you.
3. Look in the mirror and smile. No one can smile like you. You are pretty unique. So smile!
It’s a good day to feel as boss as you are because you are awesome. Give us one way you are being true to you today. Watch our awesomeness spread like wildfire…
This April, let’s agree to be AWESOME!
This month we are feeling so grateful — and one of those things we are grateful for is our great friends!
Now here’s your chance to give back: Nominate your BFF to be our beYOUtiful Tween for November.
Tell us about a girl you know who stands out because she is truly unique, whether she’s a:
Next week on November 16, we will start voting for the most beYOUtiful from those nominated by iTwixie girls. So be sure to tell us why you entered your BFF here! It’s a great way to show you care — and earn your friend a 30-point achievement!
Can’t wait to hear about all the beYOUtiful girls on iTwixie