This recipe looks yummy and is great for lunches or picnics! Why not try it today?
You will need:
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz. can pinto beans or black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups fresh corn kernels (or canned, rinsed and drained)
- 1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, finely chopped (1 cup)
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped (½ cup)
- 1 2-oz. can diced green chiles with liquid
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Mix well the vinegar, oil, sugar, garlic, oregano, and basil in large bowl.
2. Stir in black and pinto beans, corn, bell pepper, onion, chiles, cilantro, pepper and salt.
Refrigerate 1 hour before serving. (This makes about 4 servings.)
Earn this Foodie Achievement by telling your iTwixie BFFs what you make for picnics or lunch that is also vegetarian!
(Photos and details from Vegetarian Times)