You will need:
- 1 cup fresh cherries sliced and pitted
- 2 cups fresh pears, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 packet maple and brown sugar instant oatmeal
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
Add cherries, pears, and almond extract and mix together. Sprinkle the cake mix over the fruit. Dot with butter. Sprinkle oatmeal packet and then the almonds on top.
Place paper towels over slow cooker bowl and put on the lid. (This helps to trap steam.) Cook on the low setting for 4 to 6 hours. Do not lift lid to check cake for the first 3 hours.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and OMG you will say YUM!
Whatchya think? Got a recipe in YOUR family to share? Join iTwixie’s October Shout Out right here!