What you need:
1 cup cooked butternut squash
2 ½ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoons light olive oil
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and:
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add the squash and then the eggs – stirring well to combine.
- Add flour mixture into the squash mixture and stir only until moistened.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin papers.
- Fill each cup ¾ full of the batter.
- Bake 15 minutes or until when touched lightly the tops bounce back easily.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
These muffins are great with honey!
Nutrition information: butternut squash muffins are a good source of fiber, iron, thiamin and niacin. AND an excellent source of vitamin A.