So get this, iTwixie girls tell us that they love the age they are right now. Whether you are 9, 10, 11 or 12, girls are pumped about being your age.
In fact, a bunch of you told us on iTwixie’s Twixing that you are NOT even looking forward to being a teen! These girls find that teenagers are rude, selfish and nothing like how they want to be. Is this true?
What do YOU think?
Everyone at iTwixie wants to help to bring cool back to teen. So, we put together this list of “Top 10 Ways to Be a Cool Teen.” It’s a great list. But what do you think? Are you a teenager now? Are you dreading being a teen? Are you excited about growing up? No matter your age, tell us what you think. We can’t wait!
Top Ten Ways to be the Coolest Teen Ever
10. Be Kind. Treat younger kids with kindness, patience and good ideas. They’ll want to be like you!
9. Plan. Make a list of 10 things you want to do before you’re done with High School.
8. Find a Mentor. Find an adult that you admire and figure out ways to be like her or him.
7. READ! Read novels for the grade ahead of you if you can. The more you read, the better you will do in school and the more likely you’ll be a success
6. Smile. Smile at people-it’s contagious! When you smile, people smile back. It’s an amazing thing. And apparently, teens simply don’t smile enough. So SMILE!
5. Do something good. Try doing something at your house that makes life better for everyone, without being asked. Everyone will think you’re so responsible. You’ll feel helpful. And you’ll also feel more independent.
4. Ask. Ask for something to do that let’s you show off your talents and makes you feel more independent! Then ask for a special way to be recognized for this amazing thing you are doing!
3. Use Your Manners…especially in public and especially toward adults. It’s your chance to change the way people think about teenagers. Teens don’t have to be rude to be cool. Being respectful and kind is way more cool than being rude. Plus, it feels a lot better, too!
2. Try New Things. Now that you’re getting older, you may think you’re done with trying new things. Wrong. Now you’re more able to try new things. Keep your mind open! For example, even if you tried swimming before but didn’t like it, now that you’re older you could think differently about trying it again. Go for it! You may love it:)
1. Respect Yourself. Before you can have more respect from and for others, you have to accept yourself and to respect yourself. You are worth the effort to work hard and achieve your goals. You are worth the effort it takes to make your life better! You can start with simple things…make your bed so you can enjoy a nice, comfy bed to sleep in at night! Put your clothes away so they’re easier to find. Drink water to keep yourself feeling hydrated and healthy. It’s that easy. Respect yourself. You’re growing, changing and becoming more aware of this thing called life. Enjoy it! Get better at it. Be true to you. Once you do all that, the rest of this list will be a piece of cake.
So, what do YOU think?
You go girls! Go rock being a teen. You’re amazing!
We’re thinking about launching a special club just for iTwixie Teens. Tell us what you think about that idea! Next week on July 2, we will give you more details… Woot! Woot!