You will need:
- a pumpkin for each person (really fun to do this with a BFF!)
- a knife, a big spoon, and a parent
- a pencil and a marker (dry erase or permanent)
- carving tools (plastic kits are available)
Now, grab ur BFF and your parent and:
- Cut a circle around the stem large enough to scoop out the seeds – have ur parent help u use a knife for this step!
- Scoop out the seeds and set aside (Make baked pumpkin seeds – YUM)!
- Draw ur design on the outside of the pumpkin with a pencil (so U can make it just the way U want).
- Trace ur perfect design with your marker.
- Carve out ur design with the knife and tools you have chosen. U do not need to carve all the way through the pumpkin unless you want the candle light to shine through that part of your design.
- Put in a candle or light that ur parent says is ok
Now, ready for the fun? Turn out the lights and say “oooooooh!”
Give a shout out about YOUR Halloween plans right here!