73% of iTwixie girls said that Hurricanes cause more damage. We agree – even though every storm is different, hurricanes combine so many kinds severe weather and last so much longer than a tornado, that in general, they do cause much more damage.
We had 35 entries! Great job! And here’s to our winner, crazycoolkid13! CONGRATULATIONS!!
Here are the correct answers:
1. We measure this kind of storm in meters rather than miles, because it’s smaller. ANSWER: T
2. This storm system has crazy fast winds, going up to 300 miles per hour. ANSWER: T
3. A storm like this lasts for days rather than minutes. ANSWER: H
4. This storm appears flat because it covers so much area. ANSWER: H
5. This storm is found over land areas only. ANSWER: T
Hurricanes and tornadoes are both serious storms. They can both cause a lot of damage. But one is larger, lasts longer and moves slowly. The other develops quickly, usually travels a smaller area, and has fierce winds.
Great job, iTwixie girls!
Special thanks to abcnews.com!