You will need:
2 ripe pomegranates, refrigerated so they are cold
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Grab a BFF and a parent and:
- Take all the seeds out of the pomegranates.
- Rinse them thoroughly.
- Spread out on a sheet.
- Pat the seeds with a paper towel so that they are dry.
Here’s what you’ll do next:
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Be sure to stir often so that the chocolate is melted but not burned.
- Add the dry pomegranate seeds to the chocolate with a spatula and fold them in.
- Put chocolate covered seeds on a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper in cookie-sized amounts.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Nutritional value: Pomegranate seeds are a good source of Vitamin C, vitamin B5, Potassium and fiber