Artichokes rock! They are so easy to prepare! Grab your BFF and your parent, and try this!
Here’s what you will need:
- an artichoke per each person
- a sharp knife and kitchen scissors
- large pot
- olive oil
- garlic cloves
Here’s what you will do:
Trim the stem of each artichoke and clip off the tips of each leaf if they are sharp.
Photo Credit: TheWrittenGeek
- Put enough water in a large pot to cover 3/4 of each artichoke.
- Drizzle olive oil over each artichoke.
- Add the peeled cloves of garlic to the water and cover.
- Bring the water to a boil, then turn the heat down to simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Artichokes leaves pull off easily when they’re ready to eat.
Drain the artichokes and serve!
Enjoy them straight from the pot or serve with melted butter or mayonnaise. It’s so fun to scrape the yummy meat of the base of each leaf against your bottom teeth.
Sometimes you can eat the tiny leaves whole, as you get to the center of the artichoke.
Have a parent help cut out the heart of the artichoke — it’s worth the wait!
Artichokes are a great way to get Vitamin C, potassium, magnesium and fiber.
YUM! Whatchya think?