You will need:
- enough felt for (2) 8-shaped pieces per person
- contrasting felt for scarf
- neutral colored felt for face
- gel pen or sharpie to draw in face
- flower designed material, or felt of a color to draw flower on
- stuffing for each doll/ornament
- ribbon to attach at top of doll
Here’s how to make these lovely Matryoshka Doll Ornaments!
Step 1: Cut out two matching 8-shaped pieces (larger on bottom) of felt for each doll.
Step 2: Cut out a fish shape out of a different color felt. (This is a scarf for the doll) Then cut a circle out of the middle.
Step 3: Cut a circle(use peach or brown, depending on the skin color you want) a little larger than the hole in the middle of the fish shape. Glue this onto the fish shape, then glue the fish shape the “top” of one of the 8-shapes.
Step 4: Cut out a flower shape, and glue this to the bottom of the 8-shape. (This is a great place to locate the name of the person you are making the place-marker for!)
Step 5: Use a gel pen or Sharpie to draw eyes and a mouth.
Step 6: Use blanket stitch to sew the two 8-shapes together; stop about 3/4 of the way around and put stuffing in it, then continue and knot off when finished.
Step 7: Sew a ribbon on to the top to complete the ornament.
*Full credit goes to FaLaLaLa Felt by Amanda Carestio.* submitted by pussinbootsmeow