GRAB YOUR BFF & AN ADULT AND MAKE THIS GINGERBREAD HOUSE!
DAY ONE: MAKE THE DOUGH & GINGERBREAD HOUSE PATTERN
Heat in a sauce pan until well melted and blended:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup syrup(molasses or maple)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Mix in gradually:
3 1/2 cups flour (make a thick dough, may not take all of the flour!)
- Cut out 2 rectangles for the sides – 3 inches (8 cm) x 6 inches (15 cm)
- Cut out 2 rectangles for the roof – 7 inches (18 cm) x 3 inches (8 cm)
- Cut out 2 shapes for the side to the peak – 4 inches (10 cm) at base, 3 inches (8 cm) at the side, and from side to peak (high point) 2 1/2 inches (6 cm)
Remove pieces from cookie sheet while still warm or they may stick! Allow to cool completely. Pieces should be stiff.
Make “icing glue”
- 3 egg whites (use pasteurized eggs)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3 – 3 1/2 cups icing sugar
Whip until the icing is firm. If it gets too hard as you use it, just add a couple of drops of water.
Build your house using your “icing glue.” Put sides together first and let harden. Then add the roof.
Get a bunch of fun, bright and tiny candies together – like Skittles, Twizzlers, Nerds, Snowcaps, Swedish Fish, LifeSavers Gummies, Gum Drops, and M&M candies – you’ll have a blast decorating YOUR gingerbread house!
Enjoy your yummy decoration! Will it last until December 25?