What you need:
- a tape measure or yard stick
- a pair of scissors
- two different colors of gimp string (bracelets= 50 in. / key-chains= 24-36 in.)
- a piece of paper
How to do it:
1) Take the piece of paper and poke four small holes with pencil tip that form a square about half of an inch apart. Insert the two pieces of gimp so that they cross over each other and are evenly hanging down through the holes.
2) Turn paper so the side with the string hanging out is up. Take one end of one color string and cross it over to the other side. Then take the other end of the same color and cross it over to the opposite side. Gimp should now somewhat resemble a tunnel.
3) Take the second color and bring it over one string and under the other (like weaving). Then take the other end of that color and have it go over and under, but to the other side. Then take the four strings and pull tight.
4) Repeat steps 2-3 until desired length.
6) To end it, either tie it to a key chain ring or tie the strings in a knot.