Use what we know:
- There are 26 prairie dog litters
- There can be between 1 and 8 pups in each litter, but the average number of pups in a litter is 5
- 75% of prairie dog pups actually make it out of the burrow
- The largest number of prairie dog pups would be 26 x 8 x = 208.
- The smallest number of prairie dog pups would be 26 x 1 = 26.
- The most likely number would be 26 x 5 x .75 = 98.
Since there is really no way to predict the actual number of prairie dog pups to come out of their burrows this year, any guess between 33 and 264 is a good guess.
Remember, the girl whose educated guess is closest to the real number will get a t-shirt. Woo hoo!