Last Week’s Huddle Up! Challenge was:
See how long you can sit like a chair against the wall. This drill gets your quads strong for all activities you love to do. How did you do?
Here are your questions and more tips from last week:
1) How to do a Back-flip Underwater without getting water in your nose!
Here are some great ideas:
- Use a nose clip.
- Scrunch your face so as to pinch off the air into your nostrils. If done really well, you can actually block your nostrils with your upper lip.
- Always breathe out slowly while flipping… never allow water in… sounds like common sense, but thinking about this will make all the difference.
2) I need more ways to be sure I have really strong shoulders and arms!
Here are some great ideas for building upper body strength:
- Use the overhead bars at a playground or gym. Just let your arms pull the full weight of your body, moving from bar to bar or just pulling up as much as you can comfortably.
- Do 3 sets of 10 this week, and soon you may even be able to do chin-ups.
Let us know how these tips work for you!
This Week’s Huddle Up! Challenge: Do 3 sets of 8 lunges this week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Here’s How to Do a Lunge:
Start with your right leg in front. Bend your front knee and lower your back knee almost to the ground. Your front knee stays in a 90 degree angle. Keeping the weight in your heels, push back up (slowly!) to a starting position. Inhale as you lower and exhale as you push back up.
Now do the same with your left leg in front.
Remember, never lock your knees at the top and don’t let your knee touch the ground. Now, do a set of 8-10. If these are easy for you, try holding 3-5 lb. hand weights for an extra challenge. But never continue a set if you feel strained. Challenge yourself, but don’t get hurt.
How did you do? Do them today, Wednesday and Friday.
Tell us: Do you feel stronger?
And ask any questions you have and we’ll give you more tips next week.