Don’t you love learning about Julie’s work as she studies tuco-tucos? Here’s how it all started… are you like Julie?
- I was one of those girls who LOVED to be outside.
- I became a sea kayaker. My favorite thing to do was (still is) to paddle with orcas around me.
- Eventually, I realized that I wanted to learn more about the ocean, the diversity of life and how it all worked.
- I went back to school, and took just one class in marine biology.
- I met a professor who studied animal behavior: Eileen Lacey. She opened my eyes to the cool questions people asked about animals and how they lived. She studied tuco-tucos and she let me start working in her lab at Berkeley.
- if you love nature or animals or just like to ask questions, you too can follow your heart and go on one of the greatest adventures ever and become a biologist.
What do you want to know about studying tuco-tucos? Want to learn more about becoming a scientist? Jot your questions in the comment section below: