Things You’ll Need:
* Yams (get yam tubers from an African food store)
* Palm oil (from African food store too)
* Red pepper powder
* 1 onion
* 2 tomatoes
* Maggi (2) cubes
* 1 red bell pepper
* Parsley spice
Grab your BFF and:
- Cut the yam tuber into chunky cubes and boil in salted water until almost soft about 20 minutes
- Add maggi cubes, blend the red bell, tomatoes and onions and pour into yam and water. Add sliced onions and powdered pepper, some parsley spice and stir.
- Let boil for the yam to soak in the soup for about 8 minutes, then add the palm oil. It gives it a lovely red/orange look. When the soup thickens, stir until some of the yam cubes break to turn into porridge, or thick, soup.
- Let simmer on low heat for about 5 mins and then it is ready to serve
(this is my mum’s recipe ~ sugarcane)
Thanks, sugarcane! We cannot wait to try this yummy recipe!