iTwixie’s Checklist for Being Safe Online:
Before posting anything online, ask yourself, is this too personal?
- Am I worried my parents will find out?
- Am I uncomfortable about posting it?
- Am I uncomfortable about the stuff I’m seeing on this site?
- Is other stuff I’m reading or seeing making me sad or uneasy?
If you are answering “yes” to any of these questions, you may be putting yourself in a sticky, less than safe, situation.
Here are iTwixie’s Tips to Help You & Your BFF Always be Safe Online:
Remember, NEVER share personal information about YOU or YOUR FAMILY OR BFFS with ANYONE online. This includes this kind of personal information:
- The name of the town where you live
- The name of your street, school, or church
- The name of where you go to school or church
- The name of where you play sports
- Last names of friends or relatives