This is all you need:
- worsted weight yarn
- knitting needles in size 10
This is all you do!
First, learn how to cast on:
- Make a slip knot 10 inches from the end of the yarn:
- loop the yarn then take one end around the loop and through the loop (see photo 1)
- Put the slip knot on one knitting needle. This is your first stitch. (see photo 2)
- Take the other needle and slide it under the yarn. (see photo 3)
- Then take the long piece of yarn, pull it from behind the two needles and up between them.
- With the needle on the right, catch the yarn you have just placed between the two needles (see photo 4). This is your second stitch.
- Place this stitch next to the one already on the left needle. It will look like photo 5! Now you will do the same steps 3 through 5 until you have as 15 stitches. (see photo 6)
Way to go! Next week we will start a knitting project!