You will need:
- One pie crust, already baked.
- Fresh strawberries that look and taste good.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 3 oz. package strawberry jello
- Can of dairy whipped topping (optional)
Grab a parent (and your BFF!) to assemble:
- Clean strawberries and place as shown in pie crust.
- Cook to boiling (until thick and clear) the sugar, water and cornstarch — works best if you mix the cornstarch and sugar together first.
- Add the 3oz. package of strawberry jello.
- Cool and pour over the fresh strawberries.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours. Serve with whipped cream.
This is so yummy and full of fabulous strawberries for a nice way to get vitamin C, folate and magnesium! You won’t want to wait for another birthday to have it again.
What a BEAUTIFUL birthday pie! Enjoy!