iTwixie’s Friendship Bread
Here’s What You Need
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 cups white sugar, divided
- 3 cups milk
Here’s What You Do
These are 10 days worth of instructions.
On Day 10 you’ll make a “starter” for friends and you’ll bake your bread.
Ready? Have fun!
- Day One: Make the “starter!” Here’s how: In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Let stand 10 minutes. In a 2 quart glass, plastic or ceramic container– combine 1 cup flour and 1 cup sugar. Mix thoroughly. Stir in 1 cup milk and dissolved yeast mixture. Cover loosely and let stand until bubbly. Leave loosely covered at room temperature.
- Day Two through Four: Stir starter with a spoon.
- Day Five: Stir in 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk.
- Day Six through Nine: Stir starter with a spoon.
- Day Ten: Stir in 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup milk. Remove 1 cup to make your iTwixie Friendship Bread and give the other 3 cups to friends in 3, plastic, resealable containers– along with copies of this recipe. For them, this will be their Day One.
Here’s how to bake your iTwixie Friendship Bread
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease two large loaf pans.
- Add 3 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 2 cups flour and 1 box of instant vanilla pudding mix.
- Mix another 1/2 cup sugar with 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Dust the pans with half of this sugared cinnamon.
- Pour batter evenly into each pan.
- Sprinkle remaining sugared cinnamon over the top of the two loaves.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Cool until bread loosens easily from the sides of the pans.
Enjoy with your BFFs!