Grab a parent, your BFF and try this iTwixie Ratatouille (pronounced rat-a-TOO-ee)!
You will need:
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled, cubed and soaked in cold water 1/2 hour
- 3 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 large portabella mushroom, cubed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 Tablespoon parsley
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Heat 1 cup of water and 1 Tablespoon of oil in pan.
- Add veggies and cover – in about 3 minutes they’ll be done. Tip: You can tell veggies are steamed by their bright color and being able to push a fork through the thickest part of them easily without them falling apart!
- Add the tomato sauce and parsley.
Serve! This is great with cooked rice or all by itself!
Tell us about YOUR iTwixie Ratatouille!