You will need:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt (you get this amount by literally pinching into some salt!)
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups very fresh peach slices
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Ground cinnamon (if you like it)
- Melt the butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish in either the oven or a microwave.
- Combine: 1 c. flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt with a fork
- Then add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
- In a sauce pan, put remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice; heat it unitl a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour over batter (do not stir).
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.
Peaches are an excellent source of vitamins A, B and C, especially when picked locally where they’ve been allowed to ripen naturally!
This dish is yummy when served warm with ice cream! What do you think?