Here are some interesting facts about this STEM Challenge animal – so what is this animal, anyway?
MOST of you got it right! ITA (itwixieadmin) is SO IMPRESSED!! This is an okapi! The first girl to answer was swimknitwit! YAY!!! Great job one and all
This animal is:
- related to the giraffe
- is found in the Democratic Republic of the Congo
- lives at high altitudes
- is rather tall, standing 6 feet at the shoulders
- is one of the few mammals that can lick its own ears
- is such a shy and elusive animal, it was not discovered until 1901!
- is like the giraffe; it is a pacer. It moves the front and hind leg on the same side of the body rather than moving alternate legs on either side like other ungulates
STEM Challenge: What is this animal? We will tell you the answer on Saturday, right here (unless no one has given us the correct answer yet! LOL )