What you’ll need:
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon peanut butter
- 6 Tablespoons salt
- 1 large zip lock bag
- 1 small zip lock bag
- Insulated large mailing bag if available (optional)
- Toppings (3 small peanut butter cups, brokend into small pieces!)for when the ice cream is done:)
What to do:
- Fill the large zip lock bag half way with ice and the 6 tablespoons of salt.
- In the smaller zip lock bag, mix the sugar, milk, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Open up the large bag and put the smaller bag inside of it. If you have the insulated bag, put both bags into it! (This will speed up the freezing, especially on a hot day!)
- Seal up the large bag and shake it for about 5 minutes! You’ll see the mixture in the small bag slowly turn into creamy ice cream!
- Each small bag is one serving!
Ice cream not your thing? Try making your own popsicles! Just fill a small plastic cup with your favorite juice and place a popsicle stick in the middle. Then, freeze for a few hours. You’ll have your very own flavor of popsicles – and they’re healthful, too!
Nutrition information: this recipe has Calcium, Protein, Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Iron.