You will need:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped carrot
- 1 chopped celery stalk
- 1 green bell pepper cleaned and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper cleaned and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon ground oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 small can of corn, drained
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with the liquid (plus 4 cups water)
- 2 cans cooked red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can cooked black beans, drained
- 3 fresh scallions, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Grab your BFF and a parent:
Put the olive oil, onion, carrot, celery, peppers and garlic cloves in a large sauce pan and cook about 10 min. over medium-high heat.
Add the spices, corn, tomatoes, water and beans. Simmer for 1 hour.
Serve in bowls with scallions and cheese.