iTwixie’s Bubble Tea Recipe
- The night before, put 1/2 cup of large, pearl tapioca in water and soak overnight. In the morning, do not drain the tapioca. Add 1/2 cup brown sugar and salt and cook for 12 hours on low — a crock pot is great for this step. Stir every other hour. The tapioca will become clear and the texture will be like jelly. Let your Bubbles cool. And now, here’s the fun part…
- Put 1 cup crushed ice in a shaker glass
- Add one cup of decaffeinated black tea
- Add 1/2 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of your fave juice
- And sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of sugar
Add the pearls to the shaker — and shake and shake until mixture is frothy. Pour into glasses, and serve with extra-thick straws so you can drink the “bubbles,” too!
This recipe makes two medium-sized drinks.
This yummy drink is loaded with calcium, vitamin c and anti-oxidants from the decaffinated black tea! And, it’s new, cool and yummy-good for tween girls!
Want to learn more about Bubble Tea? Have an idea for YOUR own special recipe? Share it right here!