You will need:
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream style corn
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth (you can use vegetable broth)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
You will get a parent and:
1) Combine the cream style corn and chicken broth in a pan.
2) Heat these to boiling over medium-high heat.
3) In a small bowl wisk together the cornstarch and water.
4) Pour the mix into the boiling corn soup, and continue cooking for about 2 minutes, or until thickened.
5) Gradually add the beaten egg while stirring the soup.
6) Remove from heat and serve. Makes 4 servings.
Corn is a good source for fiber and iron.
Another quick and fun recipe for the New Year is Chinese New Year Noodles!