What You’ll Need:
- Rubbing alcohol
- Spray bottle
- Purple and yellow (or your fave colors) permanent markers
What You’ll Do:
- Lay the scarf out flat, with a plastic layer underneath the area you’ll work with first.
- Now draw a flower – use one color in the center and another color for the four petals. Be sure to color in each area. You can create a patter to use for a more uniform look, or make the flowers a little different if you’re feeling zany.
- In this way, draw 13 or so flowers, across the scarf.
- Lay the entire fabric out across a protective layer or hang on a clothesline or across a well-ventilated, protective surface.
- Using the spray bottle, squirt rubbing alcohol onto one flower at a time. Watch how the colors begin to spread beyond how you drew them. Apply more alcohol as needed to make it look how you like best. Cool, huh?
- Allow fabric to dry. Wash in cold water and dry to set the colors.
That’s it! How fabulous is your brand new scarf? Send a picture in to Judy@iTwixie.com so we can all see it! Will you keep it or give it to your BFF?
Enjoy your new scarf girls! Good work!