Grab an adult and here’s what you will need:
- Measuring cup
- Wooden Spoon
- Small paper cups
- Craft sticks (popsicle sticks, new or very clean)
- Plastic wrap
- Flavoring, if desired
Here’s what you will do:
- Pour 1/2 cup of water into the saucepan. Slowly sprinkle in 1 cop of sugar as you stir. Stop adding sugar when it stops dissolving. You can add any flavoring here.
- Place the saucepan on the stove and heat it on low heat for two to three minutes, or until the sugar starts dissolving again. Add the rest of the sugar and cook the solution until all of the sugar dissolves. You will need to stir occasionally.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high until the solution boils. Boil for one minute, until the solution is thick and clear.
- Turn off the heat and carefully pour the solution into the cups. Stick one craft stick into each cup, and cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- Let your lollipops sit undisturbed overnight. The lollipops will fully crystallize and loosen from the sides of the cups. (If the aren’t ready, let them sit for another 24 hours.)
Now they are ready to eat! YUM!