You will need:
- 1, 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter, soft
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
Grease and flour 3 bread pans
- Put into a large bowl, the pumpkin, eggs, butter, water and sugar. Mix well.
- In another bowl mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- Stir the dry mixture into the pumpkin mixture until everything is moist.
- Pour evenly into three loaf pans and place pecans on top to decorate.
Bake 50 minutes. Bread is done when a toothpick comes out clean from the center of a loaf.
This pumpkin bread is a good source of beta carotene, protein and fiber.