Grab Your BFF & Make This Tween Girl Salad!
Here’s what you do:
1. First, get a handful of some kind of lettuce, like romaine, iceburg, or even spinach. Wash it and shred it into bite-sized pieces. You can mix these together to start, too.
2. Then, ask an adult to help you chop up some veggies or fruits that you love, like these:
- dried crandberries or raisins
- apple or pear
3. Now, add a protein, like some of these:
- cheese — cheddar or asiago
- meat — chicken or tofu
- nuts — almonds or pine nuts
4. Lastly, add a touch of dressing! Some salads really do not seem to need any! Try a tablespoon of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. If your salad has a lot of fruit in it, try a tablespoon of honey and a dash of lemon, lime or orange juice. You’ll be amazed by how yummy this is!
There is no “right” way to make a salad. What is your fave combo? Write it down, right here! How many salad ideas can we come up with?