There is one protein that keeps bees strong and able to do the things they need to do. Better understanding of the protein is giving researchers hope to fix the worldwide bee problem.
Did you know:
- A honey bee visits 50 to 100 flowers during a collection trip.
- A honey bee can fly for up to six miles, and as fast as 15 miles per hour.
- The honey bee has been around for millions of years.
- Honey bees communicate with one another by “dancing.”
- During winter, honey bees feed on the honey they collected during the warmer months.
STEM Challenge: Give 3 reasons the honey bee is so important to people all over the world. The first iTwixie girl to list 3 reasons will receive a special STEM t-shirt!
Source: Norwegian University of Life Sciences (2011, November 29). Honey bee mystery protein is a ‘freight train’ for health and lifespan. ScienceDaily.
As you can see below; the first iTwixie girl to answer the STEM Challenge was Lil_Ms_Mike_Jack! Congratulations, Lil_Ms_Mike_Jack, you are the Honey Bee STEM Challenge winner!! Way to go!
Thanks to all the iTwixie girls who gave such amazing answers! You totally ROCK