Here’s what to do:
1. Iron your fabric choices so they’re smooth and wrinkle-free. Then, decide what part of the fabric you want to focus on. Maybe there’s a certain flower or design that you like best in the fabric. Once you find that pattern, you know that you will want to keep that in the middle when cutting out your pillow.
2. Grab one of your fabric choices and cut it to be about 17 inches x 15 inches.
3. Lay the piece you just cut on top of the fabric again (and try to match up your fabric underneath if possible). Then use the first piece you cut as a guideline for your second piece as well as for your back fabric.
Now, you should have 4 pieces of fabric cut – two for the front and two for the back.
3. Turn one set of the fabrics into each other with the right sides facing in and the wrong side facing up.
4. Then pin the fabric around all edges every couple of inches to keep the pieces from slipping in your sewing machine. Then take your second set and do the same thing.
The last 3 instructions next week will finish up this awesome pillow project! Remember, you can use buttons and decorate your fabric or sew fun ribbon trim on it after you are finished! You may want to look for that kind of thing before next week.
Awesome! Can’t wait to see all your unique creations!