1. Drag the Zombie. Divide the group into two teams. Give each team a blanket. One zombie from each team sits or lays down in the blanket. Teams race each other by dragging their zombie body on the blanket from one end of the yard to the other.
2. Zombie Bowling. Line up 9, empty cans like a set of bowling pins. Make a lumpy ball out of layers of paper, flour and water and use it to knock over the cans. Keep score like bowling – each player gets 10 tries to knock them all down. Keep track of points.
3. Name-the-Zombie. Zombies make a circle. Each zombie throws a ball to a zombie across from her. When the zombie catches the ball, she has to make up a zombie name that no one has used so far. If a zombie takes too long to come up with a name or repeats another name, she is out. Last zombie standing wins.
4. Zombie Relay. Tape the lids of two shoeboxes onto the boxes. Cut a one-inch-wide and four-inch long slit in each top. Have the zombies slip their feet into the Zombie shoes and race.
5. Zombie Tower. Two teams of Zombies make a large circle in the yard. Each zombie gets a plastic cup. When her zombie number is called, she places her cup, upside down, in the middle of the yard and then returns to her spot. Whoever causes the Zombie Tower to topple, gets her team OUT.
6. Zombie Cross Step. Draw a ten-by-ten grid on the sidewalk or patio with chalk. Five zombies each stand on a different square. One at a time, each player must move to a new square after crossing out the square she or he was formerly standing in. The trick is that zombies cannot step into a square that is occupied or crossed out. If a player cannot move to a new square, she is out. On goes the game until one zombie is left.
7. Zombie Pick Pocket. Put a strip of zombie cloth in each player’s back pocket. Have the zombies try to grab each other’s zombie cloth’s without having their own taken. The player with the most cloth strips wins the game.
8. Zombie Walk. Design a pretty simple path from one end of the yard to the other. Line up the zombies and let them have a good look at the path. Then have the zombies take turns trying to get from one end of the path to the other, blindfolded, and time each one. The winner is the fastest zombie to walk through the path.
9. Kick the Zombie. Divide the players into two teams. Line them up, half of the team on one side of the yard, and the other half of the team on the other side of the yard. Put an old pillow — the zombie — in front of the first zombies in line. Then, the zombies take turns kicking the zombie across the yard to their player, who kicks it back across the yard to the other player, and so forth, until all zombies on the team have had a chance to kick the zombie across the yard. First team to finish wins.
10. Zombie Invasion. Set up a four zombies with spray bottles full of water, two on each side of the yard. They should line up to form a narrow path which allows them to reach nearly half way with their spray. Then have the remaining zombies try to run from one end to the other without getting sprayed. Winners are the zombies that can get across the yard without getting sprayed.
Have a wonderful Zombie Game Invasion!