You will need:
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
* 1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
* 3/4 cup Arborio rice
* 2 1/4 cups hot water
* 1 cup frozen peas
* 1/2 cup homemade or low sodium canned vegetable stock
* 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
* 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
* 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
* 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Grab a parent and your BFF, this will take about 15 minutes of your time and 40 min. total.
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) In an ovenproof saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms, cook, stirring, until both are cooked, 2 to 3 minutes.
3)Add the rice and cook, stirring to coat the grains with oil, about 1 minute.
4) Stir in 1/4 cup water and cook until it has completely evaporated, about 1 minute.
5) Stir in 1 1/2 cups water, the stock, peas, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
6) Cover, transfer to the oven, and bake, until most of the liquid has been absorbed by the rice, 20 to 25 minutes.
7) Remove from oven. Stir in 1/2 to 3/4 cup water (the consistency of the risotto should be creamy), the butter and cheese.
Nutrition: good source of protein and fiber