In Central and South America, citrus juice is a primary spice. Yummy!
You will need:
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 limes
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked corn
- 1 avocado
- 1 /2 fresh jalapeno pepper
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
You will do this with a parent:
- Slice the onion very thinly. Add the juice of 1 lime and some salt water to cover. Marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Chop the red pepper and place in a bowl with the corn.
- Finely chop the jalapeno pepper (be careful to remove seeds) and toss with the vegetables.
- Chop the avocado and mozzarella cheese into small (1/2 inch) cubes and add to the bowl.
- Drain the onions and add to the other vegetables. Toss the salad gently with the juice of the 2 remaining limes, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Marinate salad in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, covered with saran wrap.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro and toss the salad gently once more, incorporating the chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately.