Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup
- A helping of your fave fresh fruit, like strawberries, banana or oranges (not featured here)
Grab a Parent and Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Cut a small, 2-inch hole in the slice of bread
- Heat a skillet and melt the butter in it
- Add the bread, with the hole alongside it
- Break the egg into the holes in the bread
- When the egg is firm on the bottom, flip to cook the other side, like you’re frying an egg, being sure to flip the “window” too!
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with maple syrup and enjoy dipping the little window into the egg, too!
This breakfast is packed with protein, fiber, calcium, and vitamin C, to get a girl powered up for her first day of school! Good luck!
Did you already start school? What did you eat your first day to get powered up?