Cross Country runners don’t always know that upper body strength is key for successful racing. Do you run? Did you know this factoid?
Thing is, upper body strength is key for most fall sports, too.
So try this easy to do drill that will keep you Tween Girl Strong All Day Long!
What You’ll Do
- Lie down on your stomach, placing your hands next to your shoulders
- Place your toes downward to catch the ground
- Lift yourself into a push-up position, keeping your shoulders, back and rear all in a straight line
- Lower your body down so that your nose is about 2 inches from the floor
- Hold this position for a count of 5 to start – build up to a count of 10
- Repeat 3 times
Try this drill twice a week for two weeks and tell us, are you feeling Tween Girl Strong All Day Long? You will be! Give a shout out to all your strong girl BFFs out there… you go girls!