The winner will be announced in the iTwixie News next week on November 2! Vote NOW!!Just read the stories and then vote for your fave in the poll below:
1. Cold, dark and dreary weather makes me think of Zombies. Are there really Zombies, I wonder, as I am walking home later than I should. My parents will be worried sick, but I just keep on kicking the rock at my feet. I think back to my soccer game yesterday and end up kicking the rock at some trash cans. I jump back to reality as I hear the clang of the rock bounce off the cans. They fall over and I quietly sigh. I watch some of the trash fly off in the wind and walk over to set them back up. I hear a groan coming from behind the house. “Who..who’s there?!” I say worriedly. More groans follow as I see a lifeless figure limp into the light. I ran off right when I saw his missing arm and zombie pale skin. I might have imagined it, but whatever I saw definitely gave me a chill down my spine. ~ lubist
2. Cold, dark and dreary weather makes me think of Zombies. Are there really Zombies, I wonder, as I am walking home later than I should. My parents will freak out since I’m late. Suddenly, I hear slow shuffling and moaning! Shoot, they’ve found this city! We thought they’d never find us, but the Zombies are here! I have to warn my parents! I run, my feet smacking the road. Am I too late? ~ Vampiressthecat
3. Cold, dark and dreary weather makes me think of Zombies. Are there really Zombies, I wonder, as I am walking home later than I should. My parents will kill me if I don’t get back in time for dinner. I don’t really know why I call them my parents, they really aren’t. They actually are my godparents. My Aunt and Uncle took me in when my parents died in a mysterious event on Halloween night. I’ve always wondered how they just disappeared at a graveyard mourning my grandpa’s death. As I pass that dreadful graveyard that my parents cried at a complete year ago, I hear some slow, stomping footsteps, then a moan. I turn around-’
“That is the last thing that Bobbi ever recorded before she died the same way her parents did” said George Johnson, reporter for the YNN-Your News Now-station, “And I believe this is the exact place where her corpse was found, shredded to pieces with her recorder…” ~ lifeliver166
4. Cold, dark and dreary weather makes me think of Zombies. Are there really Zombies, I wonder, as I am walking home later than I should. My parents will totally kill me with their yak. Then because of the curfew i will have to give them some of the currancy from my allowence. The few is for the few seconds of life I’m able to live after me being grounded. While I was in school the next day they txt me and said to come there right after school ends because of the curfew thing. But there is a big dinner waiting for us for a celebration. Once I get home they’re dancing and singing and yelling. Yelling was the part because they are not good singers and dancers. I asked them what’s the fuss all about and Dad answered back with a load full of excitment, one your Mom just got premoted to the exuctive of her job. Then Mom was real happy to say this one, your Grandmother is getting plane tickets to move to New Mexico with her new boyfriend where they can have their dream wedding. When I looked at the table there was fried chicken, shells and chesse, mac and cheese, BBQ chicken… ~ songfreak
5. Cold, dark and dreary weather makes me think of Zombies. Are there really Zombies, I wonder, as I am walking home later than I should. My parents really won’t do anything, they’re one of those trying to be cool parents. When I get home they are gone which is a complete shocker. They left me a note saying they are going bowling for their date. (TMI DON’T YOU THINK) I went in the kitchen and found a manwhich calling my name. As I ate the manwhich a pizza guy comes to the door without a pizza ( :-[ ). I answer the door and next you know I’m kidnapped. The pizza guy takes me to this colorful 60 ‘s van and, I quote, said “since you are a non-believer of zombies so you have to blaugh blaugh blaugh”. I totally tuned him out so he had to repeat it. While he was talking he was rudely interupted by a moaning sound…the sound of zombies! I had no idea what would happen next. I guessed I would have to see or will I… ~ paris
And here’s a big thank you to our friends at Compendium, for providing the coolest writing journals for our Writer of the Month!
Always be zany! CRAZY! Creative! And of course… have fun!