Have you ever seen a mean message online?
You know, a mean message to a friend or to you… or a mean comment on a site… or a message that sounds too edgy or makes you uncomfortable… have you ever seen one?
Whenever u get a mean text message, see an online comment, get an email or something sent to you directly online that is negative and hurtful, it is simply cyberbullying. It’s wrong. It’s bad.
And if you’re getting cyber-bullied, you need to tell an adult.
Trouble is, today, it’s so easy to be cruel online. That’s because when u send these messages digitally — in text or online — you don’t see the person you’re “talking to” face to face! That makes it easy.
But we all know that it hurts to get these kinds of messages. And that’s why it’s bad.
Cyber-bullying is real. More kids are getting bullied than ever before. So you need to be smart, iTwixie girls, and make a plan to: Be safe. Be strong. Be ready.
Here’s what you need to do:
- If you’re going on sites that don’t have professionals moderating what’s going on, be ready to reject and report any comment that makes you uncomfortable.
- Make sure your parents know when you get a mean-spirited message.
- If the meanness continues, help ur parents help u to make it stop.
- Never try to make it stop by yourself – it’s harder to tell ur parent sometimes than to just deal with it. But when it comes to cyber-bullying, it’s important to get adult help.
- Find safe places online – like iTwixie! At iTwixie, you always have iTwixieAdmin on your side to make sure you are safe and having fun.
Have you ever been cyber-bullied?